Who can access the Children's Life Fund?
A person can access a grant where he/she:
1. is a citizen of Trinidad & Tobago and is ordinarily resident in Trinidad & Tobago
2. is unmarried and under the age of eighteen years at the time of the application
3. has been referred by a medical specialist in the particular field of treatment required
4. requires treatment that is unavailable at a local medical institution
5. requires a life saving procedure; and
6. has medical expenses that exceed twenty-five percent of the income of his/her family
What is the Application and Assessment process?
1. Collect the form from the CLFA office at the Wendy Fitzwilliam Paediatric Hospital, Eric Williams Medical Complex, Trinidad & Tobago or download it from website
2. Submit the signed and completed form and all relevant documents
3. Life Unit coordinates a clinical and financial assessment and a recommendation is submitted, through the Centre Manager / Chief Executive Officer, to the Board
4. If the application is approved:
a. CLFA applies for the VISA for the child and 1 parent/guardian and makes relevant flight and payment arrangements for treatment
b. The patient is monitored and evaluated during treatment while abroad
c. Upon return the parent/legal guardian meets with a representative from CLFA to provide relevant feedback
Having received a grant under the Act, can I apply for another grant?
A person cannot receive more than one grant for the same medical condition within a two year period unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
What is the maximum value of a grant from the Children's Life Fund?
The grant shall not exceed one million Trinidad and Tobago dollars.
How do I contribute to the Children's Life Fund?
Contributions can be made in cash or by cheque:
1. At the CLFA offices located in the Wendy Fitzwilliam Paediatric Hospital (cheque only)
2. TT Dollar Transfers: At any Branch of First Citizens Bank Limited Trinidad & Tobago W.I. Account No. 1962050 (cash or cheque)
3. For International US Dollar Transfers:
Children's Life Fund
Beneficiary Bank: First Citizens Bank, 9 Queens Park Savannah, Port of Spain, Trinidad W.I. SWIFT CODE FCTTTTPS
Account # 1982590
Wells Fargo Bank N.A. Int'l Operations
PO Box 13860 Philadelphia, PA, 19101-3866, USA
SWIFT CODE: PNBPUS33PHL/ABA 026005092
(868) 225-4673 Ext. 3321 - 3324
Call for an appointment!
Feel free to message us!
Visit our Location
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex